Monday, May 10, 2010

Chalkboard Canning Jars

I love my canning jars. I started using them for most of my food storage, from bulk items to leftovers - primarily because I think it looks so cute. Sometimes, though, the contents of my jars become a bit of a mystery. They hide in the back of my fridge or pantry for a bit and when I finally re-discover them, I think, "hmmmmmmm... maybe it's.... no, I have no idea." I was cleaning up in my laundry room and found a can of chalkboard spray paint and thought I would go ahead and spray the tops of my canning lids (I don't know that this idea would work for actual canning, though).
DSC_1260
I already keep a little container of chalk in my kitchen for our little chalkboard in there, so it has proved very handy to just write the contents on the tops. And today, for lunch, I heated up potato soup, not homemade yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment