Friday, April 15, 2011

Scraps baby bibs


Who doesn't love a cute baby bib? I made these bibs to coordinate with some baby blocks I made for 2 friends who are expecting. Since I only had scraps of the fabrics left, I pieced them together to make a scrappy baby bib.

For my bibs, I needed my scraps to be about 8 inches by 20 inches. If you make a smaller bib, you'll need less.
Sew the pieces together the long way and press the seam open.

Trace your favorite bib. My favorite bib was a gift from my friend Roselee, and as you can see, has been well loved.Here's the best part, sew first, then cut. Make sure to sew just inside of your drawn line or you'll see the marker when you turn. Also make sure you leave an opening for turning.

Cut just outside of your seam and clip the curves.

Turn right side out and press.
Topstitch around the edge of the bib making sure you close the opening you left for turning. Add a closure, velcro or a snap works well.
Done! Paired with a baby soft block, this makes a great baby shower gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment