Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ironing Board Holder


{Wash, Dry, Press, Fold, Repeat... Someday Crafts Feature}

Please tell me I'm not the ONLY one who feels this way about laundry!?
bleeek!
So, now that I've gotten a handle on the laundry room, I wanted to actually GET the supplies that go in there. LOL.
Yes... I didn't have an iorn, till about 2 weeks ago. haha. Don't judge.
(if you're wondering how I got along... let's just say that a large towel on the kitchen island works WONDERS!)
K... so I was out to find an ironing board... easy peezy right?
WRONG. I was DYING... have you LOOKED for a cute ironing board lately? Almost impossible.
I snagged up the $18 board complete with ugly cover at Walmart and thought... that...that was that.
I was a little peeved that I had spent ALL this time on a "cute" laundry room, and now I was gonna hang up an ugly huge ironing board... WITH a massive ironing board holder that stuck out about 6 inches from the wall!?!?
Uhhhh... no.
I was on the hunt. I looked a couple of places for a great ironing board cover, and almost gave up. And then... I went into to Tuesday Morning. It was my first time in their stores, and I was IMPRESSED! They have some AWESOME stuff at amazing deals!
I found this beauty of a cover, for under $9!!! woo hoo!
Problem solved.
Almost...

Now, I had the "how to hang it problem"
I don't think that this option is bad, by any means...
And by the way, the one at MY Walmart, wasn't even THIS good....


but I just didn't want all the "stuff" out. I'm pretty OCD like that. lol. I wanted it to look... like part of the decor, and less like... a laundry room.
I know, I know. It's weird.

So here's how I did it.

Oh... you want a tutorial...... Mmmkay!



First I got a piece of scrap board that we had left over from another project that we didHERE.

Painted it white...


Sanded the edges... and because I was bein' lazy, and didn't want to pull out the whole glaze mess... just to do this itty bitty board's edges, to get a distressed look, I whipped out the Distress Ink, that I use to make cards and such. lol.
It TOTALLY works. And is SO easy!
Just ran the ink pad on the edges, where I exposed the sanded wood, smugged it with my thumb a bit, and wa-la! Glazed look, without the pain of mixing glaze!

My last step was a coat of this clear spray.

I bought these simple hooks at Walmart... for I think... $2.00 a piece, and had the hubby drill them on the board.


Like this!

Added some vinyl, to remind me of what I SHOULD be doing, instead of blogging...
and there you have it! :)
A simple, fast, easy, fashionable way to hang your new cutely covered ironing board! lol




I was featured today on Someday Crafts for my crepe paper rose balls... yay!
I LOVE this blog, and Michelle is nothing but nice and sweet!

NOTE:
If you are interested in one of these fun decals... head over to my Vinyl Lettering Shop...
These cute decals are on sale for only $6.00 + $1.00 shipping!
Come and get one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment