Monday, March 1, 2010

DIY Painted Canvas Art

From: The Creative Crate

First...I started off with a 16x24 canvas ...that I painted white...

Then...used my Cricut...and cut out the words that I wanted to stencil on the canvas...
Then...laid the letters on the canvas to decide where I wanted them...and marked lightly with a pencil...


Then used the stencil part of the cutouts...and taped the middles of the letters to the stencil so that my letters have middles...{hope that made sense?}



Then...line your stencils up to your markings you made...and start stenciling.
TIP: I placed a few books under my canvas to give the canvas a flat, hard surface to make it easier to stencil on.


Then fill in your tape marks from the letter middles...

Then...I wiped stain on the edges of the canvas with a rag {I use Minwax ...dark walnut stain}...


And there you have it!!! Very simple...and FuN!


HaVe a GreaT Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment