Thursday, February 25, 2010

Decorative Clothespins

From: Brown Paper Packages

I was inspired while reading my new issue of Country Living, which is exactly what I was hoping would happen. I had been mulling around some Thanksgiving placard ideas, when this came to me...and I love it. With a little Mod Podge and scrapbook paper or fabric, you can transform the humdrum into the adorable! There are so many things you can do with them, and here are just a few.

PLACARD HOLDERS



I can't wait to use these on our Thanksgiving table! I plan to tie ribbon around the napkins, then clip these on.

CHRISTMAS CARD HOLDER


I love displaying Christmas cards by hanging them with clothespins on a piece of jute or twine, then stringing it across a mantel or window. This will just spice it up a little--so cute!


DECORATIVE MAGNET


Just add a magnet to the back, and voila! You've got a darling way to jazz up your magnet board, or refrigerator.


ITEMS YOU NEED:

-clothespins
-scrapbook paper (or fabric)
-Mod Podge

DIRECTIONS:

-Trace your clothespin onto the back of your scrapbook paper, then cut out.
-Using a foam brush, brush the Mod Podge onto the clothespin, then place the scrapbook paper over it. Add another layer of Mod Podge on top. Let dry.
-If desired, add a magnet to the back.

That's it! How simple!!

No comments:

Post a Comment