Thursday, February 25, 2010

Decorative Wooden Letters

From: Brown Paper Packages

I got the best surprise in the mail yesterday...my best friend's (since college!) birthday package. I look forward to this all year, because she is uber creative and talented, and always has the best ideas.
I LOVE this set of fall letters--she chose a really great set of papers (hers are Basic Grey). She also told me how she made them, and I can't wait to make another set for Christmas!

ITEMS YOU NEED:

-wooden letters (thick enough to stand on their own)
-scrapbook adhesive
-scrapbook paper of your choice
-sanding tool or file...she likes these:

(sanding block by Making Memories)

(file kit by Basic Grey)

-walnut colored ink and sponge

-pencil
-scissors

DIRECTIONS:

-Trace letters onto scrapbook paper, then cut out carefully.
-Using scrapbook adhesive, adhere the paper to the letters.
-Sand/file the edges of the paper so the paper is an exact fit.
-Distress the edges using the walnut ink and sponge.

That's it! Such a fun and easy way to decorate for any season you choose. Thanks Ang!!

No comments:

Post a Comment