Thursday, February 25, 2010

Fabric Travel High Chair


There are a lot of sewing/craft blogs I really love, and near the top of that list is this mama makes stuff. Recently Carrie posted a portable fabric high chair - so awesome! I thought it would be just perfect for an upcoming trip Oscar and I are taking to NYC for a week of friends and NEW MOON! wooo! Yes, I am a Twi-mom, so sue me. NEW MOON! :)

Back to the fabric high chair. I wanted one. I needed one! So far, Carrie has not posted the dimensions. But, it looked easy enough. 3 rectangles of fabric and some velcro ... no biggie. I estimated the dimensions and sewed one up. Ta-da!





Like I said, it is three rectangles. I cut my waist strap to be 6" x 43", but if I were to do it again, I think I would make it about 6 inches shorter (6" x 37"). It doesn't need to be quite so long.

The connector piece is 6" x 4". The seat piece is 20" x 10". There is a thin layer of batting between each piece, and a long strip of velcro on either end of the waist strap.

Piece of cake right? I'm curious to see how my measurements match up to Carrie's. Hopefully someday she'll post instructions so I can make this perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment