Thursday, February 25, 2010

Pot Holder Seat Belt Cover


My sister and her son came over to visit the other day, and I noticed this on his neck:


OUCH! It's from his seatbelt! Being the sew-y, stitchy, crafty types we are, my sister and I decided we'd better make him some seat belt covers that very day. But we didn't have a lot of time -- especially with all the littles running around!


Then I had a flash of brilliance!I had previously purchased these cute pot holders ($1 at Target!!), and they were perfect for the job!


STEP ONE: Divide your pot holders into thirds and sew straight lines. This will help your covers fold around the seatbelt nicely.


STEP TWO: Attach velcro -- The soft side will go on the folded edge (left in photo) and the scratchy side will go on the flap that folds over (right in photo). I happened to have some blue velcro ($1 at JoAnn's) on hand!


Your covers should fold over and close nicely.


TA-DA! Five minutes, tops!


MUCH better!!

(These covers will work for a toddler-size child quite nicely. They'll be too long for a newborn!)

No comments:

Post a Comment