Thursday, February 25, 2010

Wall Pocket

From: Just a Girl


Everytime I say that, I sing it like “Hot Pockets”. You do too, right? Maybe not. Well, I picked up this little do-hicky at Salvation Army a couple of weeks ago. I’ve been looking for something like this since last fall, but I could never find what I was looking for.

IMG_6278

Right now you’re thinking, “Uh…that’s what she was looking for?” It was $1.99, and it had the clean lines I wanted. Plus, it looks great sitting on my washing machine.

IMG_6280

I went to my local craft-booking store and bought some labels. These are the ones I did not use. The ones I went with were white with iridescent glitter all over them. I, of course, forgot to take a picture of them. They were only $2.00, though. .1 cent more than the wall pocket cost, mind you.

IMG_6648

I used the paint I had from my mudroom cabinets because I like it all matchy matchy. Well, that and it was free.

IMG_6627

I simply spray painted the tags from white with glitter to stone—with no glitter. I typed out my kids’ names on some paper, glued the tags on, and stuck the paper inside. Voila!

IMG_6636

Conveniently placed at the back door, I will continue to misplace their school papers anyway no longer misplace any important papers or library books during the school year.

IMG_6634

Not bad for $3.99, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment