Thursday, February 25, 2010

Pegboard Display

From: Just a Girl

Well, since the mudroom cabinets were installed, I’ve been trying to figure out a system for all the art projects that come home during the school year. I used to use the whiteboard above the boot bench, but well…that’s gone. So…I give you my creation.

IMG_6734

IMG_6733

It’s not necessarily in my most ideal spot, but it is right where my kids can see it. That’s pretty important to me. Oh how I hate that light switch for getting in the way. Stupid necessities.

IMG_6723

You wanna know how I did it? Let’s pretend you said, “yes”. I bought a small sheet of pegboard at Lowe’s for $3.47. I didn’t realize they made the smaller boards, so it worked out great for me! I had them make one cut to shorten the length a little bit.

IMG_6679

I painted it using my favorite paint ever. Then, as a template, I put some paint cans in the cream paint and just filled them in with my favorite round sponge brush.

IMG_6705

I bought some bullnose clips at Hobby Lobby, but I had no idea how I was going to put them on. After some major head scratching, I turned to the internet. Thank goodness for smart internet people. (Blurry picture alert)

IMG_6715

Place the bullnose clip using the items above to make the item below. Make sense?

IMG_6721

Finally, hang that artwork, good test score, or notes sent home all over it! Most importantly, be glad that you now have somewhere to show it off for your kids!

IMG_6732

No comments:

Post a Comment