Thursday, February 25, 2010

Glowing Jacks and Monsters

Sooooooooo, it seems that these cute glowing jacks are something a lot of you are making these days....

And, since I made a fresh batch of monsters this afternoon, I decided to re-visit this one and do a show-and-tell of some of my readers who have posted them on their blogs!

So, I'll start by showing you the new ones I made. They turned out super-cute!

First, I envisioned ghosts, but then I said to myself: "Self, if you can make a bunch of ghosts & pumpkins, then why can't you make a bunch of different monsters?"

So, I did.

Let me introduce: Boo, Pointy, Happy (my oldest made this guy after my last batch of pumpkins), we don't know the mummy's name yet.......he's not saying much :), and last, but not least Frankie.

Yes, you can get the faces here. And if you were wondering, I used grey paint on the tops of the ghost & mummy.

And for this little guy, I took a black ink pad and "dirtied" his bandages a little before doing the coats of mod Podge. It streaked a little, but it came out cute anyway.

Here are some cute ones my friend Katie did when we had an impromptu craft day at my house. She found this cute tissue paper and I LOVE the way the little eyes shine through when you light them up!

LOVE the cute way she tied the raffia & ribbon....genius!

My friends Jessica (just had her little baby BOY today), Leslie, Ginny and Chanelle came over too, but sadly, I didn't get any pics (hint, hint). Except Chanelle, who just came to hang out :)

Here are some of my readers that promptly made their own at home (ok, not promptly, since I posted those a few weeks back :)

Xazmin.....All her cute kiddos pitched in for this one and she decided to spray paint the lids instead and they turned out so cute. Check out her post here to see a little video of her pumpkins in action!

Cori.....Made these with her kids too and sat them next to an awesome "Harvest" banner she made. Check out more pics here!

Melissa.....Made some even though it's still 90 degrees where she lives (here too!!!) and was even able to let her little guy help. Check out more here. Plus, she thinks my blog is awesome :)

Thanks ladies! And to ALL of you who make this blog worth the effort!!

No comments:

Post a Comment